April 30, 2013
Luxury vehicles, scenic drives – Cape Town has both!
Cape Town is already one of the most beautiful cities in the world, surrounded by unparalleled natural scenery. So what happens when you add one of the greatest feats of human engineering and design, and let it loose on the roads around the Mother City?
A jolly fun morning, I'd say.
This is what the crew at Overdrive TV were lucky enough to experience recently. The show airs on Expresso every Friday on SABC 3, and in a first for South African television, presenters Ciro de Siena and Gavin Williams took a Ferrari 458 Spider for a spin.
As you'll see in the video clip below, the segment becomes less of an objective car review and more like a moment of pure joy and excitement for the two presenters. And it's hard not to see why.
Cape Town is a great place for experiencing your ultimate luxury car fantasy. With a number of companies offering car hire, there's nothing better than hitting the open road and exploring the wider Cape Town area. You'll also get to enjoy some of the most scenic drives in the world:
- Chapman’s Peak Drive is affectionately known as “Chappies” and encompasses sheer drops to the sea below and towering mountains rising above you
- The Stellenbosch Wine Route takes you past picturesque wine farm estates surrounded by mountains and vineyards
- Take a drive out of Cape Town and up along the West Coast, and see the stunning fauna and flora of the Cape West Coast Biosphere Reserve Company
- Catch a sunset from Signal Hill, and enjoy views of the City Bowl, the harbour, and of course, Table Mountain
- De Waal Drive hugs the side of Table Mountain – a dual carriageway that carries you into central Cape Town, and one of the most pleasant roads to drive on
- Head out along the Atlantic Seaboard, along Victoria Road, and make a stop at Camps Bay for sundowners (remember to arrange a designated driver)
- Boyes Drive offers great views of False Bay. This road, which runs between Muizenberg and Kalk Bay, is also good for whale-spotting in winter!
Treat yourself to one of Status Luxury Vehicles' extensive fleet of supercars, exotics, sports cars, convertibles, hardtops, sedans, SUVs, 4x4s, passenger carriers and luxurious limousines. SMH Car Hire also offers luxury cars that will see you arrive at your destination in style, and enjoy the ride there too.
And don't forget to tune in to Expresso every Friday morning between 07h00 and 08h00, to see more great cars being showcased on Cape Town's roads.