September 19, 2012
Loerie Awards in full swing in Cape Town
The 34th annual Loerie Awards is in full swing in Cape Town.
If you are planning to attend or are already in Cape Town for the event, here’s what you need to know about what's happening over the next few days.
There are many events taking place until Sunday. A number of live events will take place today, Thursday, as well as the Egg Film and Judges Wrap party.
The highly anticipated Loeries Seminar will take place on Friday, with international guests in attendance, and you can look forward to the Pendoring Awards Ceremony in the evening, a rocking after party and the Chairman’s Party.
The first awards evening takes place on Saturday and there are a number of events throughout the day including Students’ Portfolio Day, where selected students will display their best work to the industry, the Mayor’s Brunch and the V&A Waterfront Brunch and Lunch.
Sunday is a free day and Loeries participants are invited to explore Cape Town and everything the city has to offer, before preparing for the Loeries Awards Ceremony and Official Party.
Not sure how to get around? Here is a list of bus services.
• Airport Service to Civic Centre (Thursday to Monday)
• Inner City Loop (Thursday to Monday)
• Civic Centre – City Hall – Southern Sun Hotels (Thursday to Sunday)
• Southern Sun Hotels – Jade Lounge (Friday)
• Southern Sun Hotels – V&A Waterfront (Saturday)
• CTICC – Long – Buitensingel – Loop (Saturday and Sunday)
• CTICC – Zip Zap – Southern Sun Hotels (Sunday)
You can also download the Lories App , which will give you all the information on schedules for the event.