September 03, 2013
Inspiring Spring – Get Out And Enjoy The Sun In #LoveCapeTown
Tammy is a born and bred Capetonian.
She absolutely loves the Mother City and its stunning views, spending time with family and friends, being around animals and gardening.
The way to her heart is through a nice strong cup of coffee and samoosas (yes, more than one).
Besides writing various content for Cape Town Tourism over the past few years, she has also been published in The Property Magazine.
Capetonians are weather sensitive creatures and nothing makes them happier than the arrival of spring – turn on some sunshine, add a spray of spring blossoms and everyone is in a good mood. Here are some ideas for getting out there and celebrating the season in nature and on the streets of Cape Town …
- Rise early for a meal outdoors at one of these Top Five Spring Breakfast Spots.
- Enjoy a tour of the Cape Winelands, and get your fix of breath-taking natural scenery, cultural heritage and world-class wines.
- Take the kids out into the sunshine and let them get their feet wet. Many of Cape Town’s sun-kissed beaches enjoy Blue Flag status, and sightings of the breeding Southern Right Whale are extremely common in False Bay at this time of year.
- Nature is at its splendid best – enjoy bright blossoming flowers and fresh scented fynbos at Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden or Table Mountain National Park and any one of its access points along the mountain range from the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway to Constantia Nek and Silvermine Nature Reserve.
- The lovely weather also allows for extreme adventure activities in Cape Town hiking, mountain biking and horse riding, to sandboarding, surfing, wind surfing and paragliding ... you name it, Cape Town offers it! Read Fiona McIntosh’s blog on Five Great Spring Adventures in Cape Town.
For those Spring shower days, there’s always shopping at malls, boutiques and markets, along with revitalizing pamper sessions or a fresh spring pedicure at a host of Cape Town hotels and spa’s.
Do you need any more reason to #LoveCapeTown?