September 11, 2012
World Tourism Month deals at Cape Town’s top attractions this month
September is World Tourism Month, an annual celebration that highlights the importance of tourism to the economy of Cape Town and this month our focus is on you, our local lovers of the Mother City.
We want you to enjoy all that our beautiful hometown has to offer, for less.
Join us at the iconic attractions Table Mountain, V&A Waterfront, Cape Point and aboard the City Sightseeing Cape Town bus for the following amazing specials and re-discover why Cape Town is such an inspirational place in which to live, work and play:
• Buying tickets online can save you money. Pay R175 for an adult return (R20 saving) and R85 for a child return ticket (R10 saving) when you buy online via www.tablemountain.net. (Prices valid until September 30, 2012.)
• Kidz Season – Two kids under 18 years old ride for free when they accompany an adult who has purchased a return ticket from the ticket office at the Lower Cable Station (valid on public holidays, weekends and during school holidays until October 30, 2012).
• Summer Sunset special – Between November and February tickets are half price after 18h00.
• Birthday special – Adult SA citizens can take the cable car up and down free of charge on their birthdays on presentation of a valid SA identity document.
• Buy online and save: Get a one-day tour on the red or blue bus for R110 (R150 at the ticket office), or a two-day ticket for R210 (R250 at the ticket office). Tickets purchased online are valid for six months from the date of purchase.
• Kids Special – Buy a single adult City Sightseeing bus or boat ticket and two kids (under 18 years) go free. (Offer valid until October 15, 2012. Valid on public holidays, weekends and during school holidays only).
• Pensioner half-price tickets – Pensioners can buy half-price tickets for the City Sightseeing bus or boat on Fridays. Only available from the ticket office outside the Two Oceans Aquarium (Bring your SA identity document to qualify. Offer valid until October 15, 2012. Only available from Bus Stop 1).
• My Green Card – The Table Mountain National Park My Green Card is available exclusively to residents of Cape Town and costs R85. It provides the holder with 12 free entries into any of the park’s pay points: Cape of Good Hope (Cape Point); Boulders Penguin Colony, Oudekraal and Silvermine, as well as to the braai and picnic areas at Tokai, Newlands and Perdekloof.
• The V&A Waterfront is running a spring competition from September until the end of November 2012. Prizes include a four-day AWOL easy cycling experience and accommodation, a Marine-Eco Tour including Two Ocean Aquarium tickets for two, a whisky tasting for two at the Bascule Bar valued at R350, and more. For more information, visit www.waterfront.co.za.
For more fantastic World Tourism Month specials, visit our Deals Page or follow us on Twitter @CapeTownTourism.