May 02, 2013
Cape Town welcomes #MeetSouthAfrica travel bloggers
Skye is a spontaneous traveller, a citizen of the world and is passionate about unlocking the stories of inspiring destinations like Cape Town. She believes in the power of content, loves street photography, anthropology, urban neighbourhoods and counts London’s Shoreditch and Cape Town’s city bowl as the two favourite places she has lived and worked in.
Bloggers love South Africa – we know this from our #LoveCapeTown campaign. This campaign saw us bringing four international travel bloggers (@traveldudes @velvetescape @landlopers and @wildjunket) to Cape Town in July 2012 during a social media drive in which Capetonians interacted with the bloggers and their followers, telling the stories of Cape Town and her people.
The #LoveCapeTown campaign has since been included in the White Paper of Travel Bloggers as a case study of how tourism bodies internationally work with travel bloggers. We are in the planning phases of #LoveCapeTown 2013 (watch this space during August this year) and are, in the meantime, happy to be participating in South African Tourism’s #MeetSouthAfrica travel bloggers' campaign.
The #MeetSouthAfrica campaign is taking 15 international bloggers on themed trips across South Africa. These trips all lead to Durban, where South African Tourism is hosting a #MeetSouthAfrica bloggers' event at which travel trade and tourism products will get the opportunity to listen to some of these top travel bloggers share their travel experiences ahead of INDABA 2013.
The #MeetSouthAfrica bloggers are:
- Keith Jenkins – Velvet Escape
- Melvin Boecher – Traveldudes
- Audrey Scott and Daniel Noll – Uncornered Market
- Matthew Long – LandLopers
- Simon Falvo – Wild About Travel
- Kate McCulley – Adventurous Kate
- Claudia Saleh – Aprendiz de Viajante
- Ale Staut – Tudo al dente
- Diego Pons – Viajando Con Diego
- Ana Pilar – Tripwolf
- Nadine Pober – thenadwork
- Jeremy Kunz – Reisewerk
- Aldana Chiodi – Magia en al Camino
- Elin Reitehaug – Taste of Slow
From Cape Town, the group will depart for greater South Africa, where they will experience the very best of what our amazing country has to offer, including getting up close and personal with great white sharks in Gansbaai; stargazing in Swellendam; kiteboarding and stand-up paddling in Plett; getting the ultimate adrenaline rush from bungee jumping off the Storms River bridge; witnessing the majestic giants of the animal kingdom in their natural habitat at Addo Elephant National Park; and experiencing the thrill of white-water rafting at Vioolsdrift, and more.
The Cape Town group is:
- Kate McCulley (London) – @adventurouskate
- Jeremy Kunz (Switzerland) – @Reisewerk
- Nadine Pober (Austria) – @thenadwork
- Diego Pons (Spain) – @viajarcondiego
- Aldana Chiodi (Argentina) – @magiaenelcamino
- Daniel Noll & Audrey Scott (Berlin) – @umarket
- Ale Staut (Brazil) – @stautalexandre
We invite our readers to welcome the bloggers and share their tips of adventure and culture activities in South Africa. What is your favourite part of South Africa? What are your hidden gems in this magnificent country?
Let’s get sharing – we have no doubt that the bloggers will #LoveCapeTown and South Africa.