March 22, 2013
Cape Town on a budget: romantic picnic spots
Being romantic does not have to cost a fortune – with a bit of forward thinking and planning, you can whisk your loved one away for a few hours.
So, pack a picnic basket with your favourite goodies, grab a blanket, hop into your car and try one (or more) of these options:
- A sunset dinner on the beach is always a winner. Autumn in Cape Town is balmy at night and Camps Bay is the perfect setting. Spread your blanket at one of Clifton's beaches and watch the sun set.
- Rhodes Memorial has spectacular views of Cape Town and a grassy area to recline on.
- Drive up Signal Hill to admire the views.
- Urban Park in Green Point has shady trees and soothing water features.
- Take a trip along Chapman's Peak Drive and stop off at one of the viewing areas.
- The Silvermine Nature Reserve has great picnic spots as well as a number of hiking trails.
- The beautiful Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, which has always been a firm favourite with couples.