March 25, 2014
Cape Town International Jazz Festival 2014: Road Closures and Things You Need to Know
Africa’s Grandest Gathering is about to take the Mother City by musical storm and one thing is for sure: the Cape Town International Jazz Festival 2014 is set to be the best yet!
To be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from Friday 28 to Saturday 29 March, 2014, this year’s event is expected to attract more than 35 000 jazz lovers to our groovy hometown.
The line-up for the 2014 edition features global musical icons, including Erykah Badu and Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya who will share the stage with local stars Jimmy Dludlu, Mi Casa and more.
Before you head out to get down with these amazing performers, here are few cool things you need to know:
- The other musical events: Yes, the Jazz Festival is the ultimate prize but since tickets are sold out, you might want to cast your eyes and ears about the free community concert on Greenmarket Square or enjoy the harmonious blend of high couture and music at the Cape Town Fashion Festival.
- The artists: While Erykah Badu and her cronies tickle your aural senses at the main event, local superstars DJ LuWayne Wonder, Crazy White Boy and more will have you rocking the night away at the community concert.
- The essentials: Bring some cash along to satisfy those festival hunger pangs at the food village or to get your swag (clothing, t-shirts, caps, posters etc. will be on sale). There are ATMs at the CTICC, too, if you need them. Need a ride to or from the Festival? Book a Rikki’s or one of our reliable transport providers.
Now, for the REALLY important info, the road closures:
- Lower Long: Walter Sisulu (formerly Coen Steytler) and Wharf;One left turning lane only North: 21 March at 06:00 to 31 March at 16:00
- Walter Sisulu: Lower Long and Cullinan; Taxi lane only West:21 March at 09:00 to 30 March at 16:00
- Wharf: Lower Long and Cullinan ;Parking lane only East: 25 March at 19:00 to30 March at 16:00
- Walter Sisulu: Lower Long and Heerengracht;Bus lane East: 25 March at 9:00to 31 March at 15:00
- Burg Street:Church Street and Longmarket Street;Full closure North: 25 March at 06:00 to 27 March at 13:00
- Longmarket Street:Adderley Street and Long Street; Full closure East: 25 March at 06:00 to 27 March at 13:00
- Convention Square, Lower Long: Pedestrian Crossing and Customs House; Full closure South: 26 March at 09:00 to 30 March at 16:00
- Burg Street: Hout Street and Wale Street; Full closure South: 26 March at 12:00 to 27 March at 06:00
- Convention Square, Lower Long: Pedestrian Crossing and Customs House; Full closure North: 26 March at 20:00 to 30 March at 09:00
- Walter Sisulu:Lower Long and Heerengracht; Full closure/soft lock East:28 March at 09:00 to 30 March at 09:00
- Lower Long: Wharf and Walter Sisulu; Full closure North:28 March at 09:00 to 30 March at 09:00
- Lower Long: Walter Sisulu and Wharf; Both lanes reverse flow South:28 March at 14:00 to 29 March at 16:00
- Lower Long: Wharf and Walter Sisulu; Full closure All: 28 March at 16:00 to 30 March at 09:00
- Heerengracht: Walter Sisulu and Table Bay Boulevard; Left lane only North:28 March at 09:00 to 30 March at 09:00
- Walter Sisulu: Buitengracht and Heerengracht; Full closure East: 28 March at 14:00 to 30 March at 09:00
- Walter Sisulu: Heerengracht and Lower Long; Full closure West: 28 March at 16:00 to 30 March at 09:00
For more information about the 15th annual Cape Town International Jazz Festival, please visit www.capetownjazzfest.com