March 20, 2013
Bicycle tourism in Cape Town
Why not hop on a bike and cycle your way through Cape Town, marvelling at the views, learning about the culture and history, and sampling local cuisine at its best?
Now is the perfect time of the year to hire a bicycle and see the city (and the Winelands) from a totally new angle.
And, cycling is not only good for your body, it also decreases your carbon footprint. Here are some options:
- Meander through the beautiful Cape Winelands with Bikes 'n Wines, which promises a relaxing day sampling wines and enjoying mouth-watering food. It also offers family packages.
- iRide Africa Tours is aimed at avid cyclists who want to experience both road and mountain biking, along the slopes of Table Mountain.
- Enjoy a sunset trip with Bike & Saddle through the vibrant inner city and learn about the history and culture of South Africa's oldest city.
- Fancy a cycle up Table Mountain? Then AWOL Tours can take you there. The company also hosts a tour through Masiphumelele, giving you a taste of township life, food and entertainment.
- HBK Tours takes you on a trip through Somerset West and the Winelands, where some of the best wines are to be found.
- Daytrippers custom-make trips and tours, from gentle rides to rigorous mountain trips.
- Some of the proceeds from Abang Africa Travel's bike and wine tour goes to uplifting the youth in Lynedoch.