June 25, 2014
5 things about the Foo Fighters coming to Cape Town you need to know
Those Big Concerts dudes sure know how to get the Mother City’s rock music lovers excited … in their latest big muso reveal , they’ve announced that American rock band, the Foo Fighters, will perform LIVE at the Cape Town Stadium on Wednesday 10 December, 2014!
This announcement, following shortly after the news of Mr Suave himself, John Legend’s imminent visit to the music-loving Fairest Cape, is sure to have set many a loyal Foo Fighters fan’s heart racing.
With a record-breaking, sterling 20 year career behind them, band members Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett and Pat Smear have risen to rock god status with seven consecutive Grammy-winning albums, including Foo Fighters (1995), The Colour & The Shape (1997), There Is Nothing Left To Lose (1999), One By One (2002), In Your Honor (2005), Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (2007) and Wasting Light (2011).
Their highly anticipated eight album will be released in November 2014 and is expected to be as thrilling as their previous offerings.
Before you go all “oh, gods, I’m losing my mind!” wild for your idols, here are 5 things you need to know about the Foo Fighters’ MUST-SEE performance in Cape Town:
1. Prep those vocal chords: The boys are going to be belting out all of their greatest hits, including “Learn to Fly”, “All My Life”, “Times Like These”, “Best of You” and more so make sure you’ve warmed up your voice box and get ready to rock.Hard.
2. You snooze, you lose: Tickets, ranging from R 395 to R 960 go on sale on Thursday 26 June, 2014 at 9am. Sure, you can buy yours online at Computicket or on the Big Concerts website, but if you feel like socializing with other Foos lovers, come and get your tickets at the Cape Town Tourism Burg Street Visitor Information Centre – our friendly team members can’t wait to assist you.
3. Drunk driving is for losers: Don’t be the dimwit who insists on driving after pre-concert drinks at Cubana, 5 beers during the show and post-concert shots at the Aces n Spades bar – catch a ride home with one of our trusted transport providers.
4. Don’t be cheap: No one likes a mooch so be sure to draw enough cash at your nearest ATM before the performance for drinks, eats and memorabilia.
5. Papa was a rolling stone, but you don’t have to be: You partied like the superstar you are and going home to the same old bed is for the plebs… why don’t you live it up like a celeb and spend the night at one of our top accommodation spots?
Still on the fence about buying tickets? Then let the Foo Fighters’ lead singer, Dave Grohl, convince you with this totally rocking video: