July 14, 2014
5 delicious reasons to dine at Harbour House, V&A Waterfront in Cape Town this winter
If there’s one thing you all know pretty well about me by now is that I am truly, madly, deeply in love with Cape Town’s cuisine … seriously, the Mother City has me beholden to her tastes in the most scrumptious way. So when I was invited to indulge my insatiable appetite with the Harbour House V&A Waterfront’s divine winter menu, I could hardly refuse.
I could give you one reason to visit this portside establishment but I’m feeling generous so here are 5 delicious reasons to dine at Harbour House this chilly season:
1. Location, location, location: A gorgeous view just adds an extra special touch to any meal and with Harbour House’s prime spot right on the edge of Table Bay Harbour, this restaurant does indeed offer a spectacular experience.
2. Fireside dining: I’m all about the ambiance when it comes to my winter dining spot choices and boy, does Harbour House V&A have it in spades – grab your one and only, a bottle of fine wine and cosy up to the roaring fireplace for that warm, fuzzy and filling feeling.
3. Eat, drink and be merry: The extensive menu changes monthly and July’s features the mouth-watering bouillabaisse; prime fillet of ostrich with oyster sabayon, onion varietals, bone marrow disk and baby asparagus; salted caramel chocolate delice with coffee ice cream and chocolate crumbs and more. Accompanied by an impressive selection of South African wines, a great feast is guaranteed.
4. Foodie love doesn’t have to cost a thing: So, you’re thinking that all of this gorgeous, styling dining is going to cost you a king’s ransom, right? With their fantastic set winter menu deal, you can dine to your heart’s content on a two course menu for R 170, spoil yourself proper with the three course meal for R 190 or dine ala carte from the usual menu .Totally worth every cent!
5. Celebs love it at Harbour House – just last month, the gorgeous Claire Danes was seen at the Harbour House Kalk Bay and we're sure the V&A outlet will be next. Danes is in Cape Town, filming the fourth season of her hit series Homeland. And you thought dinner was going to be a stuffy affair…
Quit talking Fazielah, and show us what we’re missing, I hear you say? Ok, feast your eyes on these tasty pics of my Harbour House dining experience:
Reserve your table at the Harbour House V&A Waterfront at +27(0)21 418 4744 .For more information, please visit www.harbourhouse.co.za
All filled up on cuisine but hungry for your next big adventure in the Mother City? We have your 100 Marvellous Things to do during winter in Cape Town.